Monday, September 12, 2011

Shamcey Supsup Finished 3rd Runner Up, Leila Lopes of Angola Reigns!

Our very own Shamcey Supsup shines intensely in the Coronation Night of Miss Universe 2011 as she takes 3rd runner up! Leila Lopes, Miss Angola wins the title!



Shamcey impressed fans with her answer during the Q and A portion. Judge Viveca A. Fox asked Miss Philippines if she would change her religion to marry someone she love. Shamcey humbly answered, “If I had to change my religious beliefs, I would not marry the person that I love because the first person that I love is God who created me and I have my faith and my principles and this is what makes me who I am. And if that person loves me, he should love my God too,
Here’s a summary to what hapened in the Miss Universe semifinals-coronation finale:

MISS UNIVERSE 2011: Angola, Leila Lopes
First Runner up: Ukraine, Olesia Stefanko
Second Runner up: Brazil, Priscila Machado
Third Runner up: Philippines, Shamcey Supsup
Fourth Runner up: China, Luo Zilin

TOP 10: (in order of announcement of the host)
Australia, Scherri-lee Biggs
Costa Rica, Johanna Solano
France, Laury Thilleman
Portugal, Laura Goncalves
Panama, Sheldry Saez

TOP 16:
France, Laury Thilleman
Colombia, Catalina Robayo
Puerto Rico, Viviana Ortiz
Netherlands, Kelly Weekers
USA, Alyssa Campanella
Venezuela, Vanessa Goncalves

Shamcey Supsup should have a higher fan rank even more should have won the title!
But Miss Angola deserves the crown as well. Brazil was cheered and booed by viewers at the same time. This is the first Miss Universe title for Angola and Leila Lopes is the first African woman to win the Miss Universe title in 12 years. Last one was Mpule Kwelagobe from Botswana in 1999. She will move now to New York City where she’ll live for the next year.

Congratulations to our very own Miss Shamcey Supsup, we are so proud of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment